Monday, August 25, 2008

The Last Day in Jail...Day 56!

Today's the last day in solitary for me. I secretly traded some Ambien for a small axe and at night I've been chiselling away at an underground path that leads to Hale Parkway. I hang a poster of Michael Phelps over the hole that I've been digging, so no one is onto me. I should be out by 11 am tomorrow, if things go my way! I imagine the press will be there, which is the last thing that I need! All that attention! Ugh! I just want to get back to my normal life and be a good girl on parole.

I am so excited to get out and reach the confines of my bedroom! I'll miss my nurses and pals that I've made, but somehow, I'll try to smile!

Matt, Georgie and I had 2 wheelchair rides yesterday. G played in the sandbox and returned with a sand-filled diaper and needed a shower. Her bottom is great! It was the last time she will take a shower in the hospital!



Saturday, I went to the pool and returned to take off my swimsuit. The reality hit me that I would never wear the suit again! I felt complete and fulfilled. My aunt drew this picture of me in the pool for her next book. Enjoy the visual!


One of my cellmates, who is 27 weeks got diagnosed, while in here with Hodgkins Lymphoma. She is having to start treatment and has no support system. It made me so grateful for what I have had. Thank you to everyone who spent their days visiting, taking care of Georgia, sending meals and care pakages, or even just calling/emailing me. I am so lucky to have the support that I have and when I see someone with none of that and a far worse situation, I have so much gratitude. Thank you!

1 comment:

Jean C. Ferris, Reiki Master said...

Wow! The time is near, 1 more night and 1 more breakfast! The Dollarhide family, home again, home again. You have not just survived but you have thrived. Baby $hide #2 is healthy and has been nurished in love and lots of care.

All the wonderful people that have helped you out- we give thanks and send love to them. This has been an experience of community support. We so appreciate the nurses and all of their love, care and support.

Sleep well in your beds tomorrow night. Honor your bedrest rules at home and I will see you in Denver for the birth.
Tu Tu