Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 41 in the Clink!

Today, Heidi and Maya have Georgia and they took her shoe shopping. Thank goodness, since I was feeling so badly about the shoe issue of last week. She pulled the boxes down and started putting the shoes on her feet. She's a natural!

Apparently, at the house, we have plums growing! Which is nice, like a return on my investment. I will be selling these for $400/plum to cover costs right now. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Today's nurse is called "French Jackie". She got the nickname because she is French and her name is Jackie. She talks like Pepe Le Pew. She likes to tell me about her daughter's deadbeat Brazilian boyfriend in Miami. Apparently, if her daughter lets him move in, she won't stand for it. She has worked too hard to put her daughter through med school to have a Brazilian with no job come and ruin everything. She'll even give her house in France to her sister instead of her daughter over this! (This is a VERY condensed version of the story that I learned while standing next to my bathroom, while waiting to pee.)

I got a care package from Hawaii today of 2 boxes of chocolate covered macadamia nuts and 6 cans of macadamia nuts, with instructions for me not to eat it all at once. This is what Audrey thinks I eat for a light snack in one sitting. If someone could bring me down a loaf of bread and a stick of butter, I could really turn it into a meal! Just kidding, Audrey! Thanks for the package! And for the rest of you, get down here for a Hawaiian sampling before Matt devours it!

2 comments:

Jean C. Ferris, Reiki Master said...

Gosh Erin,
I would love to buy some plums, but I am plum out of $.

It must be nice to know that you have lived there for 5 years and are just finding out you have a plum tree. It takes a long tme to bear fruit in Colorado.

Keep counting those days - they are really clicking off.

Hira Barbara Reid said...

The front porch is clean with chairs so you can actually sit. Georgia loves the swivel rockers. Anytime she gets cranky, off to the porch we go and she cools off. Yesterday we took her cup of milk out with her, as Matt showered, and in no time she was asleep. She had literally shopped til she dropped.

The back yard is all nice and clean. The summer teak table and chairs are up and waiting for a Hiraque party labor day weekend.

Oh not to mention the kitchen pass through. We found at the bottom of a mountain of papers,, clothes, shoes, hair styling objects, etc,etc, a beautiful silver tray and ice container. Now the pass through is shiny and item free.

Judi has been master chef and cooking Matt and Erin dinner every night. I'm so happy she joined me in this adventure. She leaves manana to return to AZ, and our palates will shrivel up with my cooking.

Well, I'm off to the grocery to get G. some milk and food. It'll be great when she can cook her own meals.

Yesterday when Heidi and Maya had Georgia, the parking attendant at the hospital thought Georgia had been kidnapped. He adores Georgia and often lets me park free to run things up to Erin. He replies, "we will do anything for Georgia."