Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day 25

Hey, it's Saturday and I got to take a nap today. I woke up and ate some strawberries. Pretty leisurely, as a Saturday should be. I always wonder how the other half lives on a Saturday. Thank you for the opportunity to see what it's like!

So, Scott Marcelle, my old roomie, who now lives in Seattle called me today and he was on his way over to his twin's house and just called to say "hi" during the drive. We hung up and he walked into my room! It was a great surprise and I was truly shocked. He brought 3 seasons of Will and Grace and a Diet Pepsi.

In lieu of a trip to the pool, I opted for a wheelchair ride for 30 minutes with my family. Matty took me to the park and I got to watch Georgia laugh on the swing. It was great and I felt like a normal person, who just happened to be in public in her pajamas, so maybe not so normal. Georgia now has found where the wheelchairs are kept and when Charisse, our nurse, took her on a walk yesterday, Georgia went into the room, crawled up and waited for Charisse to take her on a ride. She later stood in the wheelchair and while passing other rooms on the wing, she blew kisses at them.
She seems to be adjusting.

2 comments:

Jean C. Ferris, Reiki Master said...

What a wonderful posting to hear of your surprise visit and a outing with your family.
I love the picture of Georgia and the tale of the parade in the hall. Those nurses are surely going to miss all of you when you leave.
Their lives probably have never been so fun filled!

Hira Barbara Reid said...

I see Georgia has the outfit I gave her in San Antonio. It looks cute and cool. I loved seeing all of you this morning on skype. What a treat. Hira or 1-1