Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 22 - 29 Weeks Pregnant!

Well, I am 29 weeks pregnant today, so I have a maximum of 11 weeks to go, but surely, I would be at home by then! Things are great! Tomorrow, I have the big ultrasound to measure the cervical length and check the baby size. My nurse, Roxanne really wants to know the gender, so I told her she could find out tomorrow. So, for all of you that want to know, you can try to break Roxanne down.



Heather Dokken came down to see me yesterday, bearing San Pellegrinos and other treats. She told me a tale of spending time in the ICU and a neighbor had woke to discover the police and that his testicles had been shot off. It was a good story. The kind of tale that helps one realize that one's day isn't so bad.



On the heels of that story, I was inspired to have a pizza snuck in. Oh, sweet ambrosia of the gods! Why must we hide our relationship? Why can't I have pizza sauce on my face every day? Today, I asked if I could just once walk to the microwave, which is about 30 feet. They said yes, so I hid a slice of leftover pizza under chicken so the nurses didn't see. It was kind of like in prison, when you get drugs smuggled in, under the disguise of a bag of brownies. I'm really living on the edge.



Sarah Wood came by today to bring me some mags and a book called, "Are you there Vodka? It's me, Chelsea." She said I could go into labor from laughter. Oh, what a way to go!

Oh, did I forget to tell you that my grapes yesterday were moldy? Big news on the 3rd floor.

I got hooked up with http://www.facebook.com/ and http://www.skype.com/ and should have a camera for the live feeds by this weekend. This will ensure everyone is able to see me not moving on a 24/7 basis. Calm down! It's only a couple of days of waiting! Be patient! (That was my joke, 'cause I'm a patient.)

1 comment:

Jean C. Ferris, Reiki Master said...

Erin, your writing talents are so great!
Of course, you do have a degree in journalism. I have always said you need to write a book. Now with this hospital adventure, I believe you should write a sitcom or create a reality show of "Living on the 3rd Floor." Thanks for sharing your adventures in such a creative way.
Tu Tu